About Harding’s Services Inc.
At Harding’s we are striving through training and feedback from our clients to continuously improve our service and service selection. Our Mission and Vision statements outline what we are working everyday to achieve. We value the trust our clients and our staff have put in the company and we expect to re-earn that trust each and every time we do business.
“By owning and sharing a common brand we establish a team of the most recognized and trusted group of home and building improvement companies in Alberta”
“As the industry leader we strive to enrich the lives of clients, personnel and partners”
Harding’s Painting was founded in 1996. Our founder Dalton Harding (left) realized that there was a need in Calgary for a painting company that presented a professional image and delivered a consistently high quality end product.
The company adopted the slogan “Peace of Mind Solutions” to embody the belief of its licensees and painters of providing a worry-free service at a competitive price.
As the company has grown, the goals and ideals put in place by Dalton in 1996 are still very much evident.
The company grew under Dalton’s leadership over the years, taking on new licensees and expanding the range of services until 2011 when Dalton sold Harding’s Painting to its Licensee team and began to slowly step away from the day–to-day operations of the business. Dalton acted as Chairman of Harding’s during this transition period, allowing the management team to grow the company into the multi-service company it is today offering not only painting, but now include interior and exterior cleaning, epoxy floor coatings, ceiling texturing, renovations and handyman services.
The Harding’s family of Licensee’s are excited to carry on Dalton’s vision. As the company continues to grow we reflect on and are grateful for his hard work, long hours, and commitment to providing service to our customers and opportunities to our managers and partners.
Harding’s may now be a full blown Improvement Company, but we continue to use Dalton’s good name to drive our business forward in Calgary and beyond.
Our Promise – Warranty Information
Renovations: 1 year warranty on labour, manufacturers warranty’s reflective of the specific product through the specific manufacturer. Renovation Terms & Conditions
Handyman: 1 year warranty on labour, manufacturers warranty’s reflective of the specific product through the specific manufacturer on products supplied by the Handyman Division. There is no warranty on Client provided materials. Our warranty excludes normal workmanship defects defined as natural imperfections visible only by close inspection at a distance of 36” or less and natural curing cracks of caulk, grout, and concrete. Harding’s does warranty wood products used in projects due to the natural characteristics of the product to warp, cup, crack, surface check or twist.
Painting (2/5 YEAR WARRANTY) and Texturing (2 YEAR WARRANTY):
Subject to the limitations set forth below, Harding’s Services Inc. – Painting Division will repair peeling, blistering or chipping paint as a result from defective product applied by Harding’s or faulty workmanship of Harding’s for a 24 month period on exterior work and 60 months on interior work.
The fine print: the limited warranty does not cover the following:
- Any work where the contractor did not supply the paint.
- Any work where the customer performed the preparation.
- Varnished surfaces.
- Due to the nature of these surfaces/products the Limited Warranty does not cover: window sills, decks, railings, stairs, fences, porches, roofs, galvanized metal, eavestroughs and textured ceilings, or where mildew/mold has been established.
- Bleeding, bubbling or de-lamination caused by knots, rust or cedar.
- Cracks or any other defects in the substrate.
- Mill-glazing from smooth cedar.
- Ordinary wear and tear. Abnormal use or miss use.
- Peeling of layers of paint existing prior to the work of the contractor.
- Structural defects and/or settling or movement.
- Moisture content of the substrate.
- Abrasion, mechanical damage, abrasive cleaning, abuse, or damage resulting from use of chemicals or cleaning agents.
- Damage or defects caused in whole or in part by reason of fire, explosion, flood, acts of God, extreme weather conditions, hail, vandalism, negligence or any other similar causes beyond the control of the contractor.
- Any repairs which are required, as a result of a defect in the paint supplied by Harding’s will be reviewed with the product manufacturer to ensure warranty coverage
Repairs under the limited warranty will be performed only on the specific areas of failure and only to standard preparation limits described in the preparation section of your contract.
Concrete and Epoxy Coatings: (5 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY)
Subject to the limitations set forth, Harding’s Services Inc. – Coating Division will repair defective or failed coatings or portions of, if the product fails as a direct result of defective materials or workmanship as per management’s discretion. Warranty is limited strictly to coating de-lamination which includes flaking, chipping or peeling of the coating surface under regular use. Warranty coverage includes material and labour cost involved with the specific repair required. All warranty approved repairs will be addressed on an isolated patch repair basis only. Warranty coverage does not include the removal or re-coating of the entire floor area. Patch repairs will be blended in with the original floor coating as best as possible understanding that there may be slight colour or texture in-consistencies as a result from different application techniques and dye lot tolerances from batch to batch.
The fine print: the limited warranty does not cover the following:
- Insufficient bond or delamination caused by the permeation of any foreign matter from below or within the substrate before or after the Coating is applied such as oil, silicon, moisture vapour, efflorescence, water, dissolved salts and calcium or lime deposits or breakdown of the existing concrete substrate
- The appearance or reappearance of any cracks that may form in the coated surface that results from the concrete floor shifting, heaving or expanding/contracting from seasonal effects
- Damage caused dragging of heavy items across the floor or dropping heavy point loads.
- Damage, including; stains, discoloration, loss of gloss, scratching or wear and tear from regular use that does not affect the structural capability of the product
- Damage resulting from improper handling, excessive use, misuse, abuse, fire, flood, improper or lack of maintenance, acts of God, neglect, corrosion, modification or mishandling.
- Damaged due to chemical interaction. Warranty excludes damage from improper use including but not limited to burns, cuts, scratches, scuffs, punctures and indentations.
- Damage from extended periods of direct exposure to sunlight or excessive moisture and hydrostatic pressure.
- Any floor area that is directly exposed to the elements such as rain, snow, frost, ice and standing water and is susceptible to moisture penetration, concrete erosion, freeze/thaw cycles, extreme temperature fluctuations, tire wear and chipping caused by snow removal or ice breaking. This includes the “apron” of all garage entrances.